| Walk description
This walk starts at the top of the String, heading up onto Cnoc Dubh and A’Chruach, which is the first in the ring of hills that make up the caldera, ending at the highest point at Ard Bheinn, learning about its ancient volcanic history along the way. If the weather is good the view from here will be breathtaking and there is a high chance of seeing interesting wildlife. Our geology expert will trace evidence in the rock wherever it takes us. Having explored the high ground it is time to descend but not before we have sought out the hidden cave on the subsidiary summit of Binnein na h-Uaimh. From here it is a steep drop down through deep heather to Glenloig on the String road.
| Advised Kit List
Suggested Hill Clothing
- NO jeans – anyone wearing jeans will not be allowed to start the walk, and no refund will be possible
- Stout hill walking boots
- Appropriate walking trousers, top layers and fleece – preferably no cotton layers
Suggested minimum daysac contents
- Waterproof (not showerproof) trousers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) jacket
- Spare fleece (in addition to one being worn)
- Spare socks
- Woollen or fleece hat
- Packed lunch and drink - please consider the use of re-useable water bottles and food wrapping.
- Any personal medicines
- Sun cream and insect repellent