| Walk description
From the tumbling North Sannox burn the way steeply ascends Sail an Im before continuing to the rocky defences of Caisteal Abhail (the Castles). Following the rim of Coire na h-Uaimh gives wonderful views down the classic U-shaped valley of Glen Sannox. You will then clamber up to the lofty summit of Cir Mhor before descending steeply to the Saddle between Glens Sannox and Rosa. Another steep and at times scrambly ascent finishes on North Goatfell. A short descent and ascent brings you onto the flank of Mullach Buidhe, and then onto Am Binnein. The ridge descends gently but with a dramatically deep corrie on the left and an equally precipitous vista on the right. Finally you will drop down into a band of forestry to finish in Corrie.
| Advised Kit List
Suggested Hill Clothing
- NO jeans – anyone wearing jeans will not be allowed to start the walk, and no refund will be possible
- Stout hill walking boots
- Appropriate walking trousers, top layers and fleece – preferably no cotton layers
Suggested minimum daysac contents
- Waterproof (not showerproof) trousers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) jacket
- Spare fleece (in addition to one being worn)
- Spare socks
- Woollen or fleece hat
- Packed lunch and drink - please consider the use of re-useable water bottles and food wrapping.
- Any personal medicines
- Sun cream and insect repellent