Catacol (exact location will be confirmed upon booking)
| Photo Gallery
| Walk description
The walk starts at the car park at Fairhaven in Catacol. It takes the path up Glen Catacol and then into Gleann Diomhan past the rare endemic Arran whitebeams to the top of the pass.
Here the route leaves the path & works its way up wild pathless terrain first onto Beinn Bhreac and then over to the heathery hill of Meall Mor, before stravaiging across the moorland to the trig point above Catacol. With few people frequenting these hills, there are good chances of spotting mountain wildlife.
There is a final steep descent to the public road & the short walk back to the cars.
| Advised Kit List
Essential hill gear
- NO jeans – anyone wearing jeans will not be allowed to start the walk, and no refund will be possible
- Stout hill walking boots
- Appropriate walking trousers, top layers and fleece – preferably no cotton layers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) trousers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) jacket
- Spare layers
- Woollen or fleece hat
- Packed lunch and drink - please consider the use of re-useable water bottles and food wrapping.
- Any personal medicines
Other recommended kit
- Sun cream and insect repellent
- Spare socks
- Blister plasters