Please note that a headtorch is essential for this walk.
The walk starts just after Friday midnight returning early Saturday morning.
(very early hours on Saturday morning)
| Photo Gallery
| Walk description
Tackling Goatfell from Corrie rather than the main path from Brodick means the steep sections are interspersed with flatter terrain to allows us to catch our breath. However, before the main summit, we’ll be heading first to North Goatfell via the good path from Corrie into the Coire Lan. From the head of the glen we rise steeply to the col between Mullach Buidhe and North Goatfell. Heading left up North Goatfell for our first peak we will continue on towards the rugged Stacach ridge. We skirt this jumble of granite tors to gain the final ascent of Goatfell itself. By now dawn should be approaching to reveal the stunning 360° views of Arran and beyond. Having fully taken in the experience of a mountain top at dawn it is time to turn back down to Cladach for breakfast!
| Advised Kit List
Suggested Hill Clothing
- NO jeans – anyone wearing jeans will not be allowed to start the walk, and no refund will be possible
- Stout hill walking boots
- Appropriate walking trousers, top layers and fleece – preferably no cotton layers
Suggested minimum daysac contents
- Waterproof (not showerproof) trousers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) jacket
- Spare fleece (in addition to one being worn)
- Spare socks
- Woollen or fleece hat
- Packed lunch and drink
- Any personal medicines
- Sun cream and insect repellent