| Walk description
Starting at Catacol the route heads to Clach a’Chait before heading steeply up Madadh Lounie and then levelling out across Lag a’Mhill to Beinn Bhiorach. As you ascend, the views down to Catacol and out to Kintyre spread out behind you, so it’s always good to stop, look around and enjoy the stunning views. From this wee summit, we’ll continue to the highest point of Meall Mor from where we should get magnificent views across the Arran hills – the Castles, Cir Mhor, A’Chir, Goatfell, Beinn Bharrain. On a clear day we should see across Kintyre as far as the Paps of Jura! If the weather is suitable we will head up Beinn Bhreac before descending steeply down into Gleann Easan Biorach and then out to the Lochranza distillery. Look out for golden eagle, deer, and red grouse along the way.
| Advised Kit List
Suggested Hill Clothing
- NO jeans – anyone wearing jeans will not be allowed to start the walk, and no refund will be possible
- Stout hill walking boots
- Appropriate walking trousers, top layers and fleece – preferably no cotton layers
Suggested minimum daysac contents
- Waterproof (not showerproof) trousers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) jacket
- Spare fleece (in addition to one being worn)
- Spare socks
- Woollen or fleece hat
- Packed lunch and drink - please consider the use of re-useable water bottles and food wrapping.
- Any personal medicines
- Sun cream and insect repellent