Cladach (exact location will be confirmed upon booking)
| Photo Gallery
| Walk description
The walk starts gently through Brodick Country Park then takes a path linking into Glen Rosa. Heading up to The Saddle at the head of the glen there is a chance of spotting mountain wildlife.
From The Saddle a much sterner climb gains the top of North Goatfell with views of the complex ridges and crags at the centre of Arran’s northern hills. Now the route turns south towards Goatfell itself tackling the rocky and exposed Stacach ridge. Some rock clambering can be had here if the group is so inclined and the weather is friendly. If the conditions are poor the ridge will be skirted via a less intimidating but still exciting lower route.
A final stiff climb up to Goatfell reveals Brodick and Lamlash Bays laid out far below. The return to Cladach is by the main Goatfell path.
| Advised Kit List
Essential hill gear
- NO jeans – anyone wearing jeans will not be allowed to start the walk, and no refund will be possible
- Stout hill walking boots
- Appropriate walking trousers, top layers and fleece – preferably no cotton layers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) trousers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) jacket
- Spare layers
- Woollen or fleece hat
- Packed lunch and drink - please consider the use of re-useable water bottles and food wrapping.
- Any personal medicines
Other recommended kit
- Sun cream and insect repellent
- Spare socks
- Blister plasters