| Photo Gallery
| Walk description
A set of sandstone steps behind Corrie village hall leads to a trail meandering uphill to the picturesque clachan of High Corrie. From here the route heads towards North Goatfell via the well-built path into Coire Lan. A steep climb up the head of the corrie leads to the col between Mullach Buidhe and North Goatfell and the first close-up views of Arran’s northern crags. Once at the saddle, a quick bonus ascent of North Goatfell may be an option, otherwise the journey will continue to the summit of Mullach Buidhe and return via the ridge to Am Binnein with spectacular views over the Firth of Clyde.
Through the contrasts between old clachan, woodland, enclosed corrie and the spectacular climax at the summit, there is plenty of diverse terrain to provide inspiration. At various points along the way the group will be able to gather their thoughts and contribute words and phrases towards making a poem about the day. No previous writing experience is necessary as this walk will be led by poet and creative writing tutor Stuart B. Campbell.
| Advised Kit List
Essential hill gear
- NO jeans – anyone wearing jeans will not be allowed to start the walk, and no refund will be possible
- Stout hill walking boots
- Appropriate walking trousers, top layers and fleece – preferably no cotton layers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) trousers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) jacket
- Spare layers
- Woollen or fleece hat
- Packed lunch and drink - please consider the use of re-useable water bottles and food wrapping.
- Any personal medicines
Other recommended kit
- Sun cream and insect repellent
- Spare socks
- Blister plasters