Brodick (exact location will be confirmed upon booking)
| Photo Gallery
| Walk description
The walk starts at the wee Co-op car park in Brodick and takes the Mayish path up through lovely birch woods to Cnoc na Dail carpark. A quad track is followed through the forest before arriving on the open moorland and ascending Sheeans, the Fairy Hill. From there, stunning views of the main Arran mountain massif can be enjoyed.
The route then works its way along the high ground across the highest point on A’ Chruach to Windmill Hill, before descending the ridge towards Stronach Wood and its mysterious cup-marked stone with the final mile along the public road.
Whilst the rough pathless terrain can be tough going, not many walkers venture onto these lonely tops, increasing the feeling of wildness as well as chances of seeing wildlife such as red deer and birds of prey.
| Advised Kit List
Essential hill gear
- NO jeans – anyone wearing jeans will not be allowed to start the walk, and no refund will be possible
- Stout hill walking boots
- Appropriate walking trousers, top layers and fleece – preferably no cotton layers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) trousers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) jacket
- Spare layers
- Woollen or fleece hat
- Packed lunch and drink - please consider the use of re-useable water bottles and food wrapping.
- Any personal medicines
Other recommended kit
- Sun cream and insect repellent
- Spare socks
- Blister plasters