Please note that a headtorch is essential for this walk!
The walk starts just after Sunday midnight returning early Monday morning.
| Walk description
Starting and ending in Glen Rosa, this horseshoe takes in a semicircle of high ridges running between Beinn Nuis, Beinn Tarsuinn and Beinn a’Chliabhain. The route takes you steeply up the side of the Garbh Allt burn, then flattens out across moorland before the path heads uphill again, threading around and over boulders and slabs to reach the summit of Beinn Nuis, the first of the Three Beinns. From there, the walk follows the ridge round to Beinn Tarsuinn, now gently undulating. Look out for the Old Man of Tarsuinn on the right, an outcrop naturally sculpted into a human profile. There is then a steep descent to Bealach an Fhir-bhogha with some scrambling and negotiation of substantial boulders before the path becomes a grassy ridge up to Beinn a’Chliabhain. From there, the route heads back down the Garbh Allt burn.
| Advised Kit List
Suggested Hill Clothing
- NO jeans – anyone wearing jeans will not be allowed to start the walk, and no refund will be possible
- Stout hill walking boots
- Appropriate walking trousers, top layers and fleece – preferably no cotton layers
Suggested minimum daysac contents
- Waterproof (not showerproof) trousers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) jacket
- Spare fleece (in addition to one being worn)
- Spare socks
- Woollen or fleece hat
- Packed lunch and drink
- Any personal medicines
- Sun cream and insect repellent