| Photo Gallery
| Walk description
This walk begins relatively gently with the path through Glen Sannox climbing slowly and steadily initially. It then ascends steeply up towards the Whin Dyke where some hands-on scrambling is required before reaching the Saddle with dramatic views towards Goatfell and into Glen Rosa.
From The Saddle another steep climb gains the top of Cir Mhor with fabulous views down Glens Rosa and Sannox. From the summit, the route descends and skirts round the back of the (in)famous A’Chir ridge to reach the Bowman’s Pass – Bealach an Fhir-bhogha. Next on the menu are the delightful slabs of the ridge of Beinn a’Chliabhain where more spectacular views of the Clyde and Glen Rosa await.
It is all downhill from here, with a rocky descent onto Cnoc Breac followed by the crossing of boggy moorland, and finally taking the steep path down along the Garbh Allt into Glen Rosa.
| Advised Kit List
Essential hill gear
- NO jeans – anyone wearing jeans will not be allowed to start the walk, and no refund will be possible
- Stout hill walking boots
- Appropriate walking trousers, top layers and fleece – preferably no cotton layers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) trousers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) jacket
- Spare layers
- Woollen or fleece hat
- Packed lunch and drink - please consider the use of re-useable water bottles and food wrapping.
- Any personal medicines
Other recommended kit
- Sun cream and insect repellent
- Spare socks
- Blister plasters