| Photo Gallery
| Walk description
The walk starts gently on a meandering path along Glen Sannox which then reveals a short steep section at the head of the glen and some hands-on scrambling up the Whin Dyke to reach the Saddle, with fine views down Glen Rosa.
The route then turns up a steep path to the summit of Cir Mhor, giving more fabulous panoramic views of Arran’s mountains. From the summit the route descends and skirts around the base of A’Chir to reach Bowman’s Pass and Consolation Tor.
Next are the delightful slabs along the ridge of Beinn a’Chliabhain. From the summit the rocky path leads across a section of moorland and then down the steep Garbh Allt to Glen Rosa. From here, a track leads to the finish by Glen Rosa campsite.
| Advised Kit List
Essential hill gear
- NO jeans – anyone wearing jeans will not be allowed to start the walk, and no refund will be possible
- Stout hill walking boots
- Appropriate walking trousers, top layers and fleece – preferably no cotton layers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) trousers
- Waterproof (not showerproof) jacket
- Spare layers
- Woollen or fleece hat
- Packed lunch and drink - please consider the use of re-useable water bottles and food wrapping.
- Any personal medicines
Other recommended kit
- Sun cream and insect repellent
- Spare socks
- Blister plasters